SPEECH PATHOLOGY CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP
MOUNTAIN HOME (JAMES H. QUILLEN) VAMC
MOUNTAIN HOME, TN
Tentative start: July 2020
Deadline for applications: March 30, 2020
We are currently accepting applications for a clinical fellow at Mountain Home, Tennessee. The setting includes experiences in acute and critical care, outpatient clinic, and the CLC, which provides short-term rehab, respite, hospice/palliative care, and long-term care. Outcomes/Evidence based practice for treatment across communicative, cognitive, and swallowing disorders is emphasized.
The Mountain Home VAMC clinical fellowship provides experience in the evaluation and treatment of adults with cognitive communication impairments, aphasia, motor speech disorders, dysphagia, and voice disorders. The clinical fellow can expect training in performing fluoroscopic swallow evaluations, stroboscopic voice evaluations, post laryngectomy voice restoration, and assistive technology for augmenting communication and cognition. The clinical fellow works closely with a variety of specialty services and teams including gastroenterology, radiology, neuropsychology, rehabilitation medicine, nutrition, pulmonology, primary care, and the traumatic brain Injury/polytrauma program.
* CF positions are twelve months. Tentatively scheduled to begin July 2020.
* CF positions are 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with a compensation package that includes
salary, health benefits, and sick and annual leave.
* These are temporary appointments without potential to become permanent positions.
* Applicants with strong academic backgrounds and clinical experience in medical speech pathology
including neuroscience, neurogenic cognitive/communication disorders, voice, and dysphagia are
* Only US citizens are eligible to apply.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Please send the following items all together in the SAME e-mail or packet**:
1) Letter of interest with a brief overview of clinical experiences and interests
3) Two letters of recommendation from faculty orclinical supervisors –letters should be emailed or
mailed with the complete application packet.
4) Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (these can be unofficial)
**Incomplete or late packets will not be considered
All application packets must be received by COB March 30, 2020. All interviews will be held in April 2020 (in person or by conference).
For submissions, further information, or questions, interested candidates may contact Patrick Henley, MS, CCC-SLP, at Patrick.email@example.com.
James H. Quillen VAMC
P.O. Box 4000
Speech-Language Pathology Clinic (126)
Attention: Patrick Henley, SLP
Mountain Home, TN 37684